Who is the Buddha really? What is he? And what did he teach?
Is he important for me? What meaning does he have for me?
Find your answers here and take the first steps to a new life, lived with wisdom and compassion.
What is Buddhism?
- Who is the Buddha? Read about his life beginning from his birth and until his final Liberation.
- What does the word Buddha mean? Is he a God? If not, then what is he?
- What are the Four Noble Truths that form the core teachings of the Buddha?
- The practice of Buddhism is the Eightfold Path, how does one walk this path?
- What is karma?
- What happens when I die?
- What did the Buddha say about God?
- Do we have a soul?
- What is the origin of the world?
- What’s all this about meditation?
- Is there a moral system within his teachings?
- Is Buddhism an atheistic religion?
Why is it important for me?
- What benefits can I expect from practising Buddhism? How will it change my life?
- Isn’t it better to believe a god-based religion? The answer is No. It is actually harmful to yourself and a poses a danger to society.
- Why are Buddhists always so happy and peaceful?
Becoming a Buddhist
- What is a Buddhist?
- What are the Three Jewels?
- What does going for Refuge as a Buddhist mean?
- How is the ritual of becoming a Buddhist performed?
- I’m totally new to Buddhism. Have you any advice for me on getting started?
Its Relevance to the World today
- Is Buddhism relevant today?
- Does Buddhism agree with science?
- Why do Buddhists value compassion and loving-kindness?
- How do I know if this is true? And what did the Buddha say about other religions?
- Did the Buddha perform any miracles? What has he to say about them?
- Will the world come to an end? Yes, but not the way most people expect it.