A collection of links on personal
reflections on life as a Theravada Buddhist monk.
Experiences on ordination and the monk's life
- The Happy Monk Interview with Ajahn Amaro, USA
- Interview with Bhikkhu Bodhi Bhikkhu Bodhi relates his life and experiences
to the Top of the Mountain Another interview with Bhikkhu Bodhi on his return to his native USA
- A Question of Skill
Bhikkhu Thanissaro (Ajahn Geoff) talks about his life and work in an interview
a Monk Another conversation with Ajahn Thannnisaro, this one a bit
- Going Forth by Karunadhammo Bhikkhu, USA [pdf.file]
A Ripple in a Pond An interview with Ajahn Sucitto,USA
- Alan's ordination at Wat Luanf Por Sodh
- A radical enlargement of scope Ashin Ottama, a Czech monk and meditation teacher.
- My history as a Buddhist Bhikkhu Bodhidhamma, a meditation teacher from England
- Travel Note 13 by Bhikkhu Subhuti, aka as Jeremy Glick. The intrepid adventurer ordains in Myanmar
(requires egroups subscription)
Ajahn Sumedho Interviewed,one of the most respected and influential Western monks.
From Drugs to Dharma Interview with Bhante Rahula, former hippy and drug pusher turned monk.
the World Interview with Ajahn Sundara, a French nun trained at Amaravati,
- A Forest Monk.
An interview with Ajahn Brahmavamso, the abbot of the Bodhiyana Forest
Monastery, Perth, Australia
- Ajahn Passano - 30 years as a monk, an interview
with the Canadian born abbot of a US monastery.
- Ajahn Amaro - 25 years as a monk, an interview
with a British abbot of a US monastery.
about a monk Malaysian monk, Ven Kumara answers common questions about ordination and gives a candid
insight into his experiences prior to renouncing.
- Student to
Monk. An Australian Psychology graduate is interviewed about his decision to ordain and train under Ajahn Brahmavamso.
- No Thai - no Farang. Three Thai monks tell why they ordained and talk about
their experiences living with western monks at Wat Pah Nanachat. (pdf file)
Life of a foreign nun in
Thailand - Mae Chee Brigitte leaves her family in Germany to ordain in
From Conflict to
Cure - Sister Bodhipala tells about her life from poverty through
aristocracy, Khmer Rouge survivor and finally to the robes
- Why I became a monk (bhikkhuni) - Bhikkhuni Sudhamma. This article is rare as it relates the experience of a female monk/nun or bhikkhuni
- Saccavadi's story - A Burmese bhikkhuni's story of the opposition she faced when she ordained.
- Ordination as a Bhikkhu - Bhikkhu Cintita of the USA. Ordained in 2009 in Burma
- The Meditative Scholar - The German monk, Ven Analayo
Procedure for Ordination as a monk
Please check out other web-sites of mine.